Helping Minds has sponsored 100+ Engineering, Diplomo & MCA students from economically backward class, by paying college, hostel and mess fees. Most of them are getting benefitted now also. Below are the details of beneficieries yearwise.
Helping Minds trust helped with Rs. 11000 for the regular maintenance of the toilet block for the Government Higher sec school at Vengampatti, Karur Dt.
Thanks to Balamani for co-ordinating regarding this request and visiting the school.
The Panchayath Union Middle school, Parapalayam, Tirupur Dt, does not have water sump to store the panchayath water.
6000 liter capacity - HM trust has helped with Rs.55,000 towards this request.
No of students benefitted - 245.
The Head Master of the school conveyed sincere thanks for the support for this request.
School Name: Municipal Middle School, West Colony, B.Komarapalayam, Namakkal Dt.
Students count: 600+
HM Trust has been supporting this school for many years. This is one of the best performing schools.
This school does not have sufficient no. of classrooms. An NGO organisation in Bangalore agreed to help.
With a lot of difficulty and follow up, the School HeadMaster got the approval from municipality for the construction of new classrooms.
The old building is being demolished by municipality. The school gate is attached to the old building which is being demolished.
The NGO will construct 4 new classrooms and two toilet blocks (one block in each floor).
The school was looking for a temporary place (hall near the school) to keep the students and convert into a classroom. This is for 3 months.
HM trust has supported with Rs. 4000 per month towards the rent for this temporary place.
We got a request for help from GHSS Vengampatti, Karur Dt. Total no. of students studying: 500.
The School HM and teachers are very dedicated and take good care of the school. Lot of parents and well wishers have also started contributing to the welfare of the school.
At Least 80 students will join the school this year. The school has more than 6 toilet blocks in various corners of the school campus, out of which only one is in working condition. There is an urgent need to renovate toilet blocks.
Rs.60,000 is needed to create one toilet room for gents staff and modify the remaining rooms. The Panchayat president will take care of plumbing materials. HM trust has helped with Rs. 35000 towards this request.
Helping Minds trust has supported 10 Government schools for the low cost science models through a partnership with another NGO (IndiaSudar). This helps to promote Science experiments based learning and awareness. A set of teachers are trained and deployed to take care of this. We have provided the same support last year too, and noticing the effectiveness of this, we have continued the support this year as well. Thanks to our member Balamanikandan for coordinating regarding this.
Helping Minds trust got a request for help from a student, doing 2nd year BE EEE, in CIT college, near Kunrathur.
His Father and Mother are weavers. They are indeed an economically struggling family. He has scored 471 in 10th, 1037 in 12th. His BE cutoff was 184. His college CIT offers scholarships to first 10 students based on BE cutoff, so he has got it and pays around 30k fees per year.
He has one brother, who is doing diploma Mech in PACR. His brother has scored 461 in 10th and one other group has supported his studies. His CGPA is close to 8.1. We had helped him last year and supported him with Rs. 10000 towards his fees for this year. Thanks to our member T.Subramanian for coordinating regarding this request.
We have got a request for help for a girl doing Diploma in Optometry at Vasan Institute Of Ophthalmology. She has got 89.20% in 10th std, 67% in 12th Std.
The College fee per year : Rs.60,000. She is from Karunguzhi village in Kurinjipadi Talook, Cuddalore Dt. HM trust has provided Rs. 10000 for this student.
Thanks to our member Balamanikandan for co-ordinating regarding this request.
There is a Govt. Hr. Sec. School, Poolangulam, Tenkasi, Tirunelveli Dt. where there are 500 students. The School Teachers are good and the overall performance of the school is good. The school has well maintained clean and Green campus! Every aspect of the school is getting improved.
In the school, One room is being renovated and will be converted as Library. The Books for the library, part of renovations, magazines are taken care. A Librarian is also available.
The school requires Rs.30,000 to complete the work needed for the library.
Helping Minds trust has decided to support this request. Thanks to all members for supporting Helping Minds trust, so that we are able to take up such activities, which benefits many students.
Used laptops by Partner organizations, keyboard, mouse, CPUs, monitors, UPS by Helping Minds trust. A proper infrastructure is provided by helping minds trust and partner organizations at municipal elementary school, Chinnappanayakkan Palayam, Komarapalayam, Namakkal dt. The students and teachers expressed their thanks and excited to use these computers.
Helping Minds trust had helped earlier in toilet block renovation, magazine, rent for school building for this Government school at Parappalayam, Tirupur. It gives immense happiness to see the progress of this school. The school is awarded the best prize for Environmental consciousness for avoiding plastic materials in the school.
Helping Minds has supported two girls from village background to enrol for the Diploma in Optometry course at Chennai, with Rs. 10000 each.
Student 1: Father is no more. Her mother is taking care of the family. She has one elder brother working as daily wage earner. She had done 12th std in Sarguna Sathya
Vithyalaya, Govt. Aided Hr Sec School, Mathapattanam, Tirunelveli Dt. She has got 368/600 in 12th std marks Pure Science Group.
Student 2: Her mother is taking care of family. She has two elder brothers, working as daily wage earners. She had done 12th std in Sarguna Sathya Vithyalaya, Govt. Hr
Sec School, Mathapattanam, Tirunelveli Dt. She had got 474/600 (75%) in 12th std marks - First Group (Bio - Maths).
Thanks to HM Member Balamanikandan for co-ordinating regarding these requests.
Water sump was constructed at GHSS Ayyalur, Dindugual dt last year by Helping Minds. Because of that students are able to get water continuously. Thanks to all the members who support these students through the regular contributions.
Helping Minds Trust donated a sum of Rs.30000/- to Nanmai Charitable Trust for the purpose of giving Note Books to Govt. schools for the students in economically backward.
Helping Minds Trust donated a sum of Rs.14144/- towards cost of 8 magazines one year subscription to be issued to the 4 schools for their library useful for the students. The following are the 8 Magazines.
Chutti Vikatan(1), Gokulam Tamil(2), Gokulam English(2), Magic Pot(2), Thulir(2),
Puthiyathalaimurai Kalvi(2), Highlights Genius(1), Namadhu Nambikkai(1), Pothu Arivu
Ulagam(1). Issued to the following 4 schools.
Panchayat Union Middle School, Periyalliam, Tirupur.
Panchayat Union Middle School, Muthunagar, Kengannaicken pallayam, Tirupur.
Panchayat Municipal Middle School,B.Komarapalayam, Namakkal.
Govt. Higher Secondary School, Renganathanpettai, Karur.
We have been supporting National Child Labour Project from almoat 2010. Helping Minds trust provided 25 sets of Monitors+ Mouse + Keyboard at a cost of Rs.62500/- Thiru Sai from M/s. Dhyan Infotech. Sponsored 5 sets and M/s. Ford co. provided used CPUs only. This will benefit close to 800 to 900 students.
Also Helping Minds trust provided 27 Globs at a cost of Rs.17,550/- to NCPL to issue to the schools in and around Coimbatore under their control.
As a part of help to India Sudar Educational and charitable Trust Helping Minds trust provided Rs.100000 for SEBLA project Karur to print Science Experimental Based Learning and Awareness books to issue all the schools in and around in their control for the usefulness of the students.
Mr. Karthikeyan, a BE(ECE) sudent of Jerusalam Engineering College got help of Rs.20000 for his college fees.
A sum of Rs.5900/- was spent for the purpose of buying a five and half feet Steel Bureau for Helping Minds trust for keeping old records .
A sum of Rs.11350/- donated by Helping Minds trust to Pakialakshmi,a 3 rd year student from PACR polytechnic, Rajapalayam.
Helping Mind Trust helped to Municipal Middle School, B.Komarapalayam, Namakkal.a sum of Rs.20000/- for CPU and Monitors and for Rs.14500/- for Projector useful for their school students.
Selvi Gayathri, a 1 st .year B.com student from Prince Sri Venkateswara Arts and Science College got help to the tune of Rs.10000/- for her college fees.
We have donated a sum of Rs.21000 for a Government school in Padur students for their school uniforms.
Selvi R.Pavithra, studying B.Com., I yr. in AM Jain College got Rs.7000/- towards her college fees.
We have donated a sum of Rs.26500/-for Selvi. Sanfiya Parveen, who is a NCPL student towards her college fees arrears III to VI Sem.B.Sc. since due to non payment of semester fees she was not allowed to write the exam. And atlast on intervention of collector office she wrote the exams and completed the course, but she could not get the certificates for applying a job.
For this purpose we donated here.
We have contributed to India Sudar Educational and Charitable Trust a sum of Rs.27500/- for computer teacher, Science teacher for Govt. Higher Secondary School,Ayyalur, Dindigal,a sum of Rs.7000/- for college fees for a student R.Pitchaimani, BE(ECE)sem.fee, and Rs.9000/- for 2 students towards sports kits to participate in the Ist National Aerial Sports Championships. We helped Selvi P.Amuthalakshmi studying BA in Sri Meenakshi Govt. college, Madurai, Rs.10000/- for her college fees.
A sum of Rs.10500 + Rs.5000 spent for Panchayat Union Middle School, Samichettipalayam , Coimbatore for their school Toilet renovation.
Helping Minds trust donated Rs.12000/- for Panchayat Union Middle School, Parapalayam, Tirupur for running temporarily class room for the students in a nearby rented place till their class room work completed.
The Govt. Higher Secondary School, Renganathan pettai, Karur requested Rs.16000/- for providing water facility for their school children. This includes plumbing and materials.
Sri Shanmugavarsini studying B.Com(Professional Academy) Karur got help of Rs.10000/- for her college fees.
Panchayat Union Middle School, Arichandrapuram, Tiruvaur requested Helping Minds trust help for providng Ladies Toilet expansion and for RO Plant. Helping Minds trust donated a sum of Rs.100000 for the purposes in August 2018 as 1 st instalment and Rs.100000/-again spent to the same school and for the same purpose in February 2019 against their total requirement of Rs.2.36 lakhs.
On request of Selvi R.Priyadharshini, studying +2 in CK school of Practical knowledge Higher Secondary school , Cuddalore a sum of Rs.10000/- donated by Helping Minds trust for her school fees.
A sum of Rs.8100/- donated for Panchayat Union Middle School, Mannakkarai, Thiruvaur for their school needs of one Steel Bureau, Office Table and S Type chair for maintaining their school office.
Govt. Higher Secondary School, Pullamangalam, Tiruvaur, requested for their students hygienic a sum of Rs. 12000 for scavengers wage for cleaning their school Toilets daily for 6 months. The same was given by Helping Minds trust.
A sum of Rs.53132 /- donated to Nanmai Charitable Trust for providing School uniforms for the students under economically weaker sections under their control schools.
Helping Minds trust donated a sum of Rs.5000/- to Panchayat Union Middle School, Samichettipalayam, Coimbatore for renovation and white washing of their class rooms.
On request from Govt. Higher Secondary School, Melaikuhi, Ariyalur, a sum of Rs.30000/- was given by Helping Minds trust for Toilet renovation to their school students.
A sum of Rs.35000/- sent to SSV Govt. aided school, Mathapattinam, Thenkasi,for providing toilet renovation facility for their school students for hygienic purpose.
Municipal Middle School, West colony,B. Komarapalayam,Namakkal got donation of Rs.34000/- from Helping Minds trust for providing RO plant for purified water for their 580 school students in their school.
Panchayat Union Middle School, Parapalayam, S.Periyapalayam, Uttukuli, Tirupur requested for Toilet renovation and for providing water sump for their school. The same is considered by Helping Minds trust and Rs.50000/- for Toilet renovation and Rs.50000/- for Water sump construction are donated to this school.
Helping Minds Trust in continuation of the help extended last year, we supported for many colleges , schools and various charitable trust students for their requirements like college fees, hostel fees, School uniforms, library books, magazines, toilet maintenance, infrastructure facilities like water , class room renovation, toilet maintenance, lab equipments so on so forth.
1.Water supply facility were provided by installation of RO system to the tune of Rs.35000 to the Govt. High school, Porani, Karur.
2.Likewise above RO instalation were provided for Rs. 75000/-for the Govt. Tribal Residential Middle school, Arasaveli, Polur Taluk, Tiruvannamalai.
3.For providing water storage, help were extended to the tune of Rs.58000 for construction of water sump for the Panchayat Union Middle School, Periyalliam, Tirupur.
4.Bore well pipe line accessories were provided to get water from constructed bore well for SSV School, Tenkasi. For Rs.69550/-
5.Water tank maintenance to provide water supply for students were provided for Rs.14400 for the Panchayat Union Middle school, Soriankinathupalayam, Vellakoil, Tirupur.
The following students got the support of the Trust towards Hostel fees, College fees .
6.Sharmila, Zion Matriculation school, Madambakkam, Chennai –School fees Rs.10000
7.Kanthavel Murugan, Ammaiappar Polytechnic College, Rajapalayam-College fee-Rs.25000.
8.Najmunnisha, college fees , B.Ed. student Rs.10000/- help requested by India Sudar Educational and charitable Trust.
9.Sivsubramanian, MBBS student –College fees Rs.13000- Rajapalayam , Virudhunagar.
10.K.Devi, +2, College fees Rs.6000 and L.Mariammal +2, College fees Rs. 6000.
11. Karthikeyan, BE-II Yr. Jerusalem College of Engineering –College fees Rs.20000/-
12,School Uniforms – Rs.62433/- were provided for 70 children of Bharathmadha school as requested by the Suyam charitable Trust.
13. We supported the Suyam Charitable Trust by providing Rs. 30000 for Record note book for science students, Rs.15000 for providing lab equipments, and Rs,30000 for issuing school bags for the schools undertaken by them.
14.Tuition fees /Stipends were provided for the part-time teachers who were taking tuition class for Nidharsanam Public Charitable Trust – Rs.96000/- , Rs.25000/- for Spoken English tuition class for students of Municipal Middle school, Namakal. And Rs.72,000/- were provided for Viduthalai Social Welfare Trust to take tuition classes by 16 teachers for 631 students of Fisherman villages undertaken by the Trust.
15.Rs.20000/- were donated for India Sudar Educational and Charitable Trust for taking tuition classes for 1 st to 8 th class students for their well study of Municipal Middle School B.Komarapalayam, Namakkal.
16.Support were extended to a tune of Rs.60000/- for Panchayat union Middle school Kanganaickenpalayam, Tirupur for renovation of damaged class room by providing tiles.
17. Rs. 27600/- were donated to Municipal Middle school, B.Komarapalayam,for Toilet maintenance to upkeep the hygienic to the students.
18.Rs. 200000/- were provided for Sarguna Sathya Vidyalaya Education Trust managed SSV school, Tenkasi for providing Toilet facilities for the entire school.
19.Panchayat Union Middle school, Samichettipalayam, Coimbatore requested for repairing of drainage pipe lines for their school and we provided Rs.9000/- .
20.Rs.7500/- were donated to Panchayat Union Middle school, Tirupur, for repair of damaged toilet used by their school students.
21. Rs.87000/- were donated for printing of 1000 copies of SEBLA (Science Experimental Based Learning and Awarness ) by India Sudar Educational and Charitable Trust for issue of copies to students of many schools which are under their undertakings.
22. As done in lost year we donated for Rs. 4980/- for Library books and Rs.5580 for magazines for school library.
23.Amuthalakshmi – Hostel fees – Rs.10000/- Sri Meenakshi Arts College, Madurai.
Helping Minds Trust extended help to the following students towards their college fees, Hostel fees and school fees:
Mary Nisha – Rs.20900
Nanmai charitable students scholarship-Rs.62500
Uniform contribution were given to the following institutions for their students. By this trust.
Nanmai Charitable Trust adopted students-Rs.72000
Panchayat Union Middle school,Tirupur students –Rs.45000
Toilet maintenance and infrastructure facilities requested by the following schools were contributed by the trust for the same cause:
PUM school, Ganaganaikapalayam Tirupur- Rs.16500
PUM school, Palipalayam - Rs.1200
PUM school, Periyalayam – Rs.8000
Computers and accessories were provided to the following schools and charitable trusts for their students as requested by them:
Karkai Nandra Village Education Trust , Tirutani –Rs.40000
Nedarsanam charitable Trust –Tuition centre computer Lab- Rs.150000
GHschool, Pallipalayam, Namakal – Rs.3600
PUMschool, Ganganayakan palayam, Tirupur –Rs.68000
Tuition Centre near Pooneri infrastrure facilities like block boards, First Aid Kits, Play material, were provided by this trust on request from the following Trust:
Karkai Nandru Krama Kalvi, Pooneri –Rs.22500
The following Schools and colleges were requested to this trust to help for their water problems for the students so as make RO plant and Water tank in the schools. The same cause fulfilled by this trust.
DIET Tiruvannamalai Diet trainees – RO Plant – Rs.40000
GH school, Renganathan Pettai - Rs.45000
Suyam Charitable Trust requested this Trust to help for provision of school note books for their students for various schools to the tune of Rs.1,50,000/- The same amount rendered by this Trust to Suyam charitable Trust.
Samichettipalaym school requested help for renovation of sand filling etc. for their play ground so as the students will make use of the same. A sum of Rs.8000/- were donated for this purpose.
Panchayat Union Middle school, Coimbatore students requested for transport facilities to go to school since they have to walk miles to reach the school from their village. Hence to fulfill their requirement this trust helped to the tune of Rs.20700/-.
Library Books, Magazines, Library shelf were provided for Rs. 29728/- for Mampalayam school and Panchayat Union Middle school, Ganganaikanpalayam, Tirupur.
Toilet facility for Thulasenthirapuram Govt. School:
The toilet in a government school is a very basic necessity, particularly for girl students. It is one of the main reasons for school drop-outs. Helping Minds trust has given Rs. 25,000 for the toilet for the Govt.Hr.Sec.School, Thulasenthirapuram in Nagapattinam district. This school does not have any toilet facility, there are 350 girl students studying in this school. Sneham from Infosys is helping with Rs. 25,000 for this school. The toilet construction for this school has been now completed.
While the Government is the primary responsible for the school toilets, we are making our small efforts so that the children are not penalized for the inactivity/delay from Govt.
Heartfelt Thanks for the many members who donate to Helping Minds regularly. These donations are the only reason enabling us to take up such activities.
The below news article mentions that there are 3 crore students in India who don't have toilet facilities as per a research from UNICEF.
Continuing support for Final year Engineering student:
HM has helped Kanraj, who is doing final year engineering, for his mess fees with Rs. 4500. We had helped him for the mess fees for the earlier semesters too.
Water purifier for Karur Govt.School:
Helping Minds trust provided Water purifier for Govt Hr.Sec School, Renganathampettai, Karur Dt. Thanks to Balamanikandan Krishnan for refering and co-ordinating this activity.
Remarkable results from this Govt school (3 students scored marks above 1100 out of 1200)
Press articles about the 100% pass results at Renganathampettai, Karur Dt
Overcoming challenges in life - a success story!
A girl student from Rajapalayam, completed 10th grade by 2008 with 439/500 marks, but didn't attend college due to poor family background. She approached our Helping Minds member T.Subramanian around 2011 (after 3 years gap during which she was working as a winding worker). Her father is partially disabled and not fit to do any active physical job. After heavy persuasion by Subramanian, PACR Polytehnic, Rajapalayam gave a seat to her in Diploma in Textile Engg.
HM Trust paid her 1st year diploma college fees. As she had a arrear in one of the first year papers, we didn't pay her 2nd year fees, but set a target of 80% to get our financial support for the next semester. She then scored 79% in her 2nd year, so we paid her 3yr term fee.
Now she has got a job through campus placement - for a pay of 6k to a company named Saravana Spinning Mills/ Dindugal. It really doesn't matter how many students get job from her dept / what pay etc, but for her it should be a great moment. Hope she works for a long period and take care of her family well.. After gaining some experience, chances of getting a job locally in her native (Rajapalayam) shouldn't be that difficult.
It gives immense happiness to share this great news with you friends. Kudos to all the members who continue to support HM trust through voluntarism and finanical support.
New Library for Tirupur Panchayath Union Middle School:
Helping Minds seeds another tree of wisdom at Panchayath Union Middle School, Soriyankinathupalayam, Tirupur Dt. A new library and a new ray of hope. We provided library books for this school in Tirupur district along with India Sudar trust. This benefits 148 students.
Library setup for a Government school
Helping Minds has decided to help regarding the library setup for a Government school - Panchayath Union Middle School, Soriyankinathupalayam,Tirupur District. School Strength is 148 students. The number of classes in the school: 1st to 8th standard. No of teachers available : 7.
Continuing support for Naveen and Kanraj:
HM has helped Naveen, who is doing final year MBBS for his mess fees with Rs. 6277 and Kanraj, who is doing 3rd year engineering, for his mess fees with Rs. 7200.
Magazines for school library
Helping Minds has provided the monthly subscription for the magazines Namadhu Nambikkai, Thulir, Chutti Vikatan, Gokulam (Tamil & English) for the school library of Government Middle school, Kenganayakkanpalayam, Tirupur Dt. We have been continuing this for past 3 years.
Continuing support for Edapalayam Village tuition centers
HM trust has decided to continue to support for the tuition centers at Edapalayam Village, Alathur Panchayat, Palavedu Post. We have been paying the teacher salary for four tuition centers at this location for past 3 years.
Support for 2 BSC students
HM trust provides partial support of Rs. 20,000 to two students of Girls Government Home for their BSc in Nursing course at an institute in Chennai (Rs. 10000 each). HM trust thanks partner organization India Sudar team including Udhay and Balamani for refering these students.
Support for a BE Student from Karur District
Another inspirational story from a girl studying in a rural area in a Government school. Helping Minds trust has got a request for help from a girl, who studies in +2 Govt Higher Secondary School, Renganathampettai, Karur Dt. She has got 1047/1200 in 12th, her BE cut off is 177.25 out of 200, she belongs to SC Community.She got seat in University Departments of Anna University Trichy, BIT campus, Trichy.
Her father is a daily wage earner, earning about Rs. 3000 per month. HM trust has decided to help her with Rs. 15000 towards her college fees.
Support for a rural school in Andhra Pradesh
Helping Minds has given Rs. 10000 towards the notebooks, school books, uniforms for the rural schools in Andhra Pradesh, this activity is being done along with Devinatha Mission.
Final Year Books for the Medical student
Helping Minds trust is helping this MBBS Student for the past three years on his mess bill. Mess bills come to about Rs 3000/- per month. He mentioned that he has done all exams well and he will pass with good percentage. He requested us whether we can help him with buying books for the final year. We have helped him for the same. Muppi Murugesan from Helping Minds presented the books to the student on May 2013.
New beginning. New Journey - Helping an engineering student! - We recently received a support request through one of our volunteer/member. The student had just finished school, and had received admissions into engineering college. The student's academic record looked impressive - 93% in SSLC (Grade 10 for those who are not familiar with Indian education system) and 88% in HSC (Grade 12). An impeccable record on the books, but one has to see the conditions in which he achieved this. His parents are coolies who wouldn't possibly earn more than 2-3$ a day. He has 2 younger brothers and the family of five lives in a government provided shelter of just 250 sq ft. He had no financial support from his relatives. If a student at a such young age can brave such adverse situations to score great marks deserves a lot of help from our society. Students like him are an asset to our nation, they should not be denied an opportunity to realize his potential and dreams. And that's exactly what we did. With our supporter's help, the student has been enrolled into the engineering college, his tuition fees are paid and hostel/mess fees have been taken care of. It feels wonderful to help someone who deserves it. We thank our volunteers who introduced him to HelpingMinds, our validation committee members who did the background check of the student, and finally our supporters who patronized through their funding. For this student, the journey has just started. And so does for HelpingMinds too. We'll support him until he graduates. We will need more funds to do that, and we seek your support. If you wish to support this student, do let us know. We will provide complete details of the student to you for you to understand the beneficiary better.
Continuing support for Arani Diploma student and Dharmapuri MBBS Student - HM has paid Rs. 1132 towards the mess fees of Arani Diploma student on 18 July 2011 and Rs. 930 on 9 Aug 2011. HM has also paid Rs. 4129 for the mess fees of Dharmapuri MBBS Student on 5 Aug 2011
Continuing Support for Tiruchengode B.Tech Student - The student is doing 3rd year B.tech textile technology at K.S.R college of technology,Tiruchengode . The student has got CGPA of 8.96(till sixth semester). We have already helped the student last year and he had scored 9.1 CGPA last year. Also he had done internship project at vardhman textiles punjab successfuly and they have given preplacement offer to the student. The student had got a bank loan of Rs.42985. But the college fees is Rs. 59450. Helping minds is cotiniuing support to this student and had paid Rs.16465 on July 22 2011.
Support for PACR Diploma student - The student had completed 10th std in 2008 and had scored 439. She is currently working in a a local company as a winding worker. The student's mother is doing weaving and father is a watchman. Also his health condition is not good. He had met with an accident and operated on both the legs. So he could not send her daughter to college during 2008. Also they did not have much of wealth left with them as they spent a lot for his treatment. But the student is willing to continue her studies. Now the student has got a seat to do Textile Technology course in PACR College. Considering the economic background of the student and the student's willingness to learn, Helping minds had paid Rs. 9382 on Jul 22 2011.
Support for VSB Engineering College Student - The student is doing BE Computer Science II Year in VSB Engineering College. The student had scored very good marks in 10th and 12th std. The student's father is a textile labour and mother is a tailor. Her younger sister scored 467 in SSLC and continuing in Government School. The student's brother is doing his 9th std in Government School.Though she had chances to get a seat in Government college,Thirukkuvalai, She did not join because of lack of awareness and also they were not in a position to bear hostel fees and mess fees. When the student joined college in first year, the fees was 52500 - 20000 (for first graduation students) = 32500. But now, the College conveyed that only when the Government pays Rs. 20000 for this year, the college will pay back the amount. So the student has to pay Rs.20000 now. Considering the critical condition of the student, Helping minds accepted to help her and had paid Rs. 10000 on Jul 22 2011.
Support for CMS College B.Tech Student - The student is doing B.Tech Information technology in CMS College of engineering. His mother was working as a maid. Now due to her medical conditions, she is not able to work. After 10th std, he had worked as room boy in one of the star hotel for 2 years. Then he did Diploma (Electronics and communication engineering) in CSI polytechnic college salem. Then he had worked as PCB board designer in AIR+MAK industry in coimbatore(1.5years) experiance. Then he joined CMS college of engineering namakkal as a lateral entry student. For his second year, he has got help from friends and relatives and also has got some amount for interest. For 3rd year, he has got money on interest (Finance). He is not able to get money this yr on finance because he has not paid the amount he had got earlier. So he has googled to see trusts that can help him and he requested Helping minds to help him. Considering the critical situation of the student, HM had paid Rs.10000 on 1 July 2011 towards his college fees.
Support for Erode sengunthar engineering college student - The student is doing B.E Mechanical Engineering in Erode Engineering college. The student had scored 82% in his first semester. The student's father passed away. His mother's earning is very less and might be sufficient for her and her daughter. Also her daughter is doing +2 in Government School. She has to bear the tution fee for her daughter as well. They applied for education loan and they are able to get Rs. 40000 per year. The student was initially supported by one of his relative. But now, he is in need of money. Out of the total fees of Rs. 57000, he is getting an education loan for Rs. 40000 and looking for support for the remaining amount. Considering his family situation, Helping minds team decided to support him and had paid Rs. 10000 on 26 June 2011.
Support for Vellakovil Panchayath union middle school - In this school, there are around 73 students from Std I to Std V. But there is only one teacher to take care of these students. But there are more number of teachers present in the school to handle from Std VI to Std X. As per rules, Higher class teachers should not be allowed to to teach primary classes. So the school HM requested AEO to deploy one teacher. Teacher is sent to this school on deputation But it is not regular. The teacher comes once in a week. Mr.Chandrasekar , teacher of this school requested HM to give salary for the teacher at least for Feb, March and April. Also Government will appoint the teacher after July only because of elections,new govt etc. So HM had decided to take up this request and had paid Rs.1250 each month from February 2011 to August 2011.
Continuing help for Trichy Anna University BE Student - HM is continuing support for the Anna University Computer Engineering student and had paid the fees of Rs 10855 on 1 July 2010
Continuing support for kongu Engineering College student - The student had scored very good marks in her semesters and was rewarded by the college recently. HM is continuing support to the Kongu Engineering student and had paid Rs. 10000 on 30 June 2011 towards her studies
Continuing support for Arani Diploma student - HM is continuing support to the diploma student and had paid Rs. 1085 on June 1 2011 for her mess fees
Continuing support for Dharmapuri MBBS Student - HM had paid Rs. 2759 on June 3 2011 and Rs. 2920 on July 1 2011 for the mess fees of the Dharmapuri student.
Support for Sriviliputtur VPMM Arts College Student - The student is doing B.COM in VPMM Arts and science college, sriviliputtur. Her parents are doing weaving. The student had scored 75% in her first semester and her major subjects mark average is 82%. Considering the family background, Helping Minds team decided to help her and had paid Rs 10000 on 13 May 2011 for her college fees.
Support for the teacher training student - The person is doing his teacher training. He has got information about Helping Minds from one of the teacher training candidates Helping minds had helped before. The person has got very good academic records. He has got 89.5% in 10th and 81% in 12th. His father is a tailor and mother is a flower vendor. Since he has scored good marks and the fees is high, Helping minds decided to support him and had paid Rs. 5000 on 24 April 2011.
Continuing help for Karaikudi Chemical Engineering student - HM has paid Rs.1100 for Chemical and Electrochemical Engineering student in Karaikudi on 5 April 2011 for her mess fees and also Rs. 1060 on 13 May 2011.
Continuing support for Dharmapuri MBBS Student -Helping Minds is continuing support to Dharmapuri MBBS Student and has paid Rs. 2917 for his mess fees on 21 Apr 2011
Support for Pollachi Mahalingam College Student - The student is doing computer engineering in Dr. Mahalingam college of Engineering & Technology, Pollachi. The student has good academic records. She had scored 91% in 10th std and 93% in 12th std. She had also scored 83% in her first semester. Their parents are working as day labors. For first year, they have some how managed with help of friends and families. The student is expecting help for second year. Helping minds decided to support the student with Rs. 20000 per anum.
Kongu Engineering College student rewarded for her excellent performance -Kongu Engineering student stands 6th in Civil Engineering Department in her last semester. The student was rewarded with Rs. 20,000 by the college. Initially the student was working in a factory because of poverty. But after her marriage, her husband supported her to continue her studies. Her husband salary was not enough to meet her requirements. They took loan. HM had supported the student and paid Rs 10000 earlier.Our support helped her to reduce the monthly interest payment towards the education loan. HM had already conveyed wishes to the student. The student had conveyed her heartfelt thanks to helping minds for supporting her.
Continuing support for Karaikudi Chemical Engineering student -HM has paid Rs. 1060 towards the mess fess of Karaikudi Chemical Engineering Student on 7 Mar 2011
Continuing support for Arani Diploma Student and Dharmapuri MBBS Student -HM is continuing to provide support to Arani Diplima Student and Dharmapuri MBBS Student and paid Rs. 980 on 11 March 2011 for mess fees of Arani Diploma Student and Rs. 2092 on 25 March 2011 for mess fees of Dharmapuri MBBS Student
Continuing help for Karaikudi Chemical Engineering student - HM has paid Rs.1090 on 11 Jan 2011 for the mess fees of Chemical and Electrochemical Engineering student
Continuing help for Dharmapuri MBBS student - HM has paid Rs. 2381 on Jan 20 2011 for the mess fees of Govt Mohan Kumaramangalam medical college student
Continuing support for Arani Diploma Student - HM is continuing support to the Arani student doing Diploma in Computer Technology at Dr. Dharmambal College of Polytechnic, Taramani and paid Rs.1116 on 11 Jan 2011 for her mess fees.
Support for Annai saraswathi college B.Ed student - This visually challenged students hails from a village in Aarani taluk. She joined in Annai Saraswathi college of education to pursue her B.Ed., degree. Her father is no more and her mother is earning from "work for 100 days scheme of govt of India". Alli is having a dream of becoming a good teacher and needs our financial support to pursue her degree. We got this request from Disha foundation and Helping minds had paid Rs. 10000 towards her college fees
Support for Kundrattur B.Ed. Student - This visually challenged student hailing from a remote village in Cuddalore district is economically poor. His father is no more and mother is getting daily wage by assisting mason in building constructions. He has managed to pay his fees in graduation through borrowed money from the local money lenders. Now he has secured B.Ed.in Madha college of Education, Kundrattur for fulfilling his dream of become a teacher.We got this request from Disha Foundation. Helping Minds had decided to help him seeing his willingness to learn and had paid Rs. 10000 on Jan 17 2011.
Support for Dhindivanam B.C.A. student - This student is doing his B.C.A. in Shri Aravindar arts and science college, Sedarapet, Near Pondichery. He was studying in CBSE syllabus till 10th standard. Unfortunately, his father encountered great loss in his business. The guy lost his mother due to a sudden heart attack. The family collapsed and the guy couldn't perform up to his mark in 12th class due to these grievances. They sold the house they owned to get his sisters married off. Now he is in desperate need of financial help to pursue his higher studies. He was offered a partial aid of Rs.5000 for his 1st sem and Rs.4500 for his 2nd sem & Rs.5000 for his 3rd sem from Disha. His Total Fee for 4th sem is Rs.9000. His father can manage for Rs.4000 by himself and he is seeking our help for paying the rest of his fee amount of Rs.5000. He is a well-studying student and he scored good marks in his previous semester examinations. We got this request from Disha Foundation. To support this deserving student, HM had paid Rs. 1000 towards his fees on 17 Jan 2011
Support for Madurai B.Ed Student - Madurai B.Ed Student is a visually challenged (VC) candidate. She hails from a humble family in Madurai and did her schooling in Indian Association for the Blind, Madurai and she has secured 71% in S.S.L.C, 58% in H.S.C and second class in B.A (Tamil). She has 3 brothers and 2 sisters. She is married and her husband is also VC and he is earning around Rs.1000/month. She is doing B.Ed in S.Vellaichmy Nadar College of Education, Madurai and her fees amount is Rs.60000, but the college management gave a concession for special ability students up to Rs.5000. So the actual amount is Rs. 55000, out of which she was able to paid Rs.30000. Now she is in need of balance amount Rs.25000. Their family members are not willing to help them. Her first brother is also VC. She is trying to get remaining amount from the bank by loan but there is no response from the bank. She is interested in her studies and her ambition is to become a teacher. Also she has completed stenography, typing and M.S.Office course during her school days. We got this request from Disha Foundation. Helping Minds had decided to support this deserving student and had paid Rs. 10000 on Jan 17 2011.
Kongu Enginnering student cleared her exams with flying colours - Kongu Engineering Student has got 8.67 CGPA in her last semester. Helping Minds Team had conveyed wishes and congratulations to the student. This student was supported by Helping Minds. We had paid Rs 10000 for this student earlier. Helping Minds Team is really happy about that.
Continuing help for Trichy Anna University BE Student - The student is doing Computer Science Engineering in Anna University Trichy - Panruti campus. HM is continuing support for the student and has paid the fees of Rs 10855 on 31 Dec 2010.
Support for government primary school, Genguarpatti, Theni - This school was started in the year 2006 with only 2 class rooms. Now there are 41 students, out of which 39 are from SC/ST background, 1MBC and 1BC. They are all from very poor background.The school has just 1 building, no toilet facilities and no water connection as of now. This school is near the road where a 4 lane road is proposed. Due to that proposal, government kept on refusing to give land for developing toilet facilities. The school has just 2 teachers - 1 HM and 1 AHM. They both are taking care of all students now. Asst HM Mr Ananthan is taking initiative in developing the school's basic infrastructure facilities. He has taken steps and got about 4 cents little away from school for toilet building. Through Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA) Scheme, they are going to build the toilet facility. Soon they will be able to get water facility also with the same scheme. HM has decided to help the school students with the uniforms, bags, slippers and notebooks. HM trust has given Rs. 20000 on Dec 20 2010 towards this.
Continuing help for Dharmapuri MBBS student and Anna University B.tech student - HM has paid the mess fees Rs 2540 for Dharmapuri MBBS Student on 6 Dec 2010 and Rs. 750 for Arani Diploma Student on 17 Dec 2010. HM has also paid the College fees of Rs. 7660 for Anna University B.tech student on 6 Dec 2010
Support for learning center in Thiruninravur - There are around 10 learning centers at Thiruninravur, Next to Avadi in Chennai which teach the school subject lessons for the students. Government school students, from financially poor background, are getting benefitted by this learning center. They have centers for different age group. Attendance of the students is very good in this center. This center increases the quality of education. The center specially cares for 10th standard students to get good results. HM has paid Rs. 6000 for the salary for the teachers teaching in these leaning centers on 11 Nov 2010 and Rs. 24000 on 6 Dec 2010.
Continuing support for karaikudi Chemical Engineering student - HM has paid Rs. 1080 on 3rd Nov 2010 towards the November Mess fees for karaikudi Chemical Engineering student
Continuing support for teacher salary for Govt school near Nagapattinam - HM trust has paid Rs. 2000 as October month salary for Nagapattinam governement school teacher
Children Magazines for Govt school near Tirupur - HM had supported the children in this govt school by providing monthly subscription for the magazines Namadhu Nambikkai, Chutti Vikatan, Gokulam (Tamil & English). The total cost for this request is Rs. 893. HM had already provided children magazine subscriptions for the same school in last year
Science model project at Erasinampalayam Panchayat School near Tirupur - Helping Minds had earlier provided support for the drainage facility for Erasinampalayam Panchayat School near Tirupur. Last week our member Balamanikandan had visited the school teacher Mr. Manikandan and discussed the progress of school and students. The school teachers and students prepared a Science Model and had applied for Central Government's INSPIRE project competition. Though the model was not selected for further rounds, this model will act as a Teaching model to the school students. This model explains about all the energy resources which can be generated for individual usage. The pictures on the model can be seen here. It is heartening to see that the Government school teachers are making sincere efforts to improve the learning experience of the students.
Mess fees for September and October 2010 - HM has paid Rs. 930 on 13 Sep 2010 and Rs. 930 on 8th Oct 2010 for the mess fees for the Arani Diploma student who is doing Computer Technology at Dr. Dharmambal College of Polytechnic.HM has paid Rs. 1046 for August on 13th Sep 2010 and Rs. 1070 for September on 8th Oct 2010 towards the mess fees for Karaikudi Chemical engineering student.HM has paid Rs. 6611 on 20th Oct 2010 towards the May, June, July Mess fees for Dharmapuri MBBS student.HM has paid Rs. 2017 on 20th Oct 2010 towards the August and September Mess fees for Tuticorin BE student.
BE student from MGR Nagar, Chennai - We got a request for help from a BE student from MGR Nagar, Chennai. Her father is no more and her mother is the only breadwinner of the family. She is working as a tailor in a private company, with an income of Rs. 3400 per month. The student is a very bright student with 1093/1200 in 12th std [Maths 198/200]. She did her schooling in Govt HSS, Ashoknagar and at present she is doing II year BE (Computer science) in Meenakshi Sundarajan Engineering College, Kodambakkam, Chennai. We got to know about this request from Disha trust who has contributed for a part of her fees. HM has paid Rs. 11500 towards her remaining college fees on 4th Oct 2010.
Support for Tiruchengode B.Tech Student - The student is basically from economically poor background family. He had completed diploma in textile at nachimuthu polytechnic college, pollachi with 91%. He got B.E admission after the completion of Diploma. But he could not join because of his financial status.Then he joined B.tech in K.S.R college of technology, Tiruchengode after a year. Now he is doing his third year in textile technology.He is working almost all the Saturday's/Sunday's as a security in his nearby area. Actually he was in need of Rs. 60,000 for this year. He had already got Rs 45000 as educational loan. Considering his financial situation, HM had decided to sponsor Rs.10,000 and paid it on Sep 13 2010
Continuing help for Theni BE student - HM had previously helped this BE student at Pollachi college who is a very deserving candidate.Now HM has helped him with Rs. 3000 towards his college fees on 19 Aug 2010
Continuing support for teacher salary for Govt school near Nagapattinam - HM trust has paid Rs. 2000 as June month salary for Electric Domestic Appliances and Electric Motor Repairing and Rewinding course teacher at the Govt school near Nagapattinam for the month of June
Continuing Help for Arani diploma student - HM has paid Rs.1000 for the mess fees on 16 July 2010 and Rs.1064 on 19 Aug 2010 for the Arani Diploma student who is doing Computer Technology at Dr. Dharmambal College of Polytechnic.
Continuing help for Karaikudi Chemical Engineering student - HM has paid Rs. 1066 towards the mess fees for Karaikudi Chemical engineering student for July on 9th Aug '10.
Continuing help for Dharmapuri MBBS student and Tuticorin BE student - HM has paid the mess fees Rs 2584 for Dharmapuri MBBS Student on 16 July 2010 and Rs. 4027 for Tuticorin BE student on 11 July 2010
Engineering college student from Kalugumalai - We received request for help from a student doing 3rd yr EEE @ Govt College of Engg, Tirunelveli. He hails from Kalugumalai, Kovilpatti taluk. He has scored 450/500 in 10th std, 1115/1200 in 12th student. His parents are working as daily wage laborers in match box making factory. HM has decided to support this student and has given Rs. 6345 towards his college fees on 27th July
Continuing help for Saravanan - We are helping Saravanan for the past 2 years. He has sought help for his 5th semester college fees. He has scored an average of 81% till 3rd semester, he is yet to receive the 4th semester marks. HM has decided to continue the help and paid the fees Rs 10855 on 8th July
Continuing help for Rajkumar - Rajkumar, whom we are helping, has completed his 3rd year B.Tech at Anna University. He sought help for his 7th semester college fees. The fees is Rs 8010. He had scored about 8.1 CGPA till 4th sem. He has scored 7.2 in 5th sem and 7.4 in his 6th sem. He was having some medical problems near the exam times and he couldn't score as he did before. Now he has recovered and he is promising that he can score better in this semester and next semester. HM has given Rs. 8010 towards his fees on 22nd June.
HM supports for computer class at Nagapattinam school - HM trust supported for computer class at Kumaran High School, a Government aided school at Manjakollai near Nagapattinam. Viruthachalam, one of Muppitathi's (HM's Managing Trustee) colleagues has taken initiative to conduct computer classes in this school. Jayakumar, HM trustee, donated his computer to this school. Muppitathi took classes for the students on July 17 on MS-DOS, Windows OS and MS-Paint. Muppi had mentioned that he had a great experience with the students and the students were so enthusiastic in practising the commands. 20 students and five teachers attended the class. Muppi also explained about the HM activities to the students. Sai Krishnan, another HM trustee, is arranging for some more computers for this school through his friends
Continuing help for Thogur village diploma student - The Thogur village diploma student, studying at The Seshasayee Institute Of Technology, Trichy, has scored 89.6 CGPA this year. He sought help for the college fees for this year too. HM has paid Rs. 7000 towards his fees on 18th July.
Continuing help for Chemical and Electrochemical Engineering student and Arani Diploma Student - HM has paid Rs.1476 for Chemical and Electrochemical Engineering student in Karaikudi on 13 may 2010 for her mess fees .Also HM has given Rs.871 towards the mess fees for arani diploma student on 9 Jun 2010
Support for Bcom student of Poonga College - This student is doing his Bcom Final Year in Poonga college which is in Uthani at East Coast Road. Actually there is a gap between his +2 and degree start date. He was working in a school for Rs 1500 per month during that time. Head Master of that school has advised him to do a degree which can increase job prospects and salary. So he has started doing it. Till last year, he got help from Alagappa Trust adyar, but this year since they got lot of requests, they couldn't support him. He is in need of Rs 8000 for his final year college fees. HM has decided to help him and has given the required amount on 11 Jun 2010
Continuing support for Dharmapuri MBBS student - HM has given Rs.2298 towards the mess fees for Dharmapuri MBBS student on 13 May 2010and Rs.2635 on 17 Jun 2010
HM supported a deserving student to continue Higher Studies - A student, from Melakkottai near Kovilur in Pudukkottai District, who has secured 473/500 in his SSLC Exam 2010 is not able to continue his higher studies (+1) due to his family financial background. The student wanted to become a Doctor but his parents are unable to support him. His father is working as Library Assistant in a Self-Financing Engineering College and drawing Rs.3000/- per month as salary. The expense for the student including his hostel fees is Rs.6000/-. HM sent DD of Rs.3700/- for a deserving student on 9th June 2010.
HM Supported Diploma student from Chatrapatti - HM has helped for the mess fees for the diploma student from Chatrapatti last year. She had scored 481 out of 600 in the first semester. She has requested help for this year. HM had given Rs. 7215 towards this request. The DD for this request in the name of the college was sent on 9th June.
Uniform for Ayyalur GHSS students - The Government School in Ayyalur,Dindigul District is in a remote area. There is no proper bus facility to this school. There are about 1200 students from nearby villages, studying in this school. The teachers are hard working and utilizing the Government funds allotted for the school in proper manner. We got a request for help for the uniforms for the students of this school. There are many students who are from poor family and are in need of uniform, some students are coming to school with colour dress since the uniform given by government is not in good condition and not in proper size. We have selected the most deserving students among these and provided Rs. 10100 towards the uniform cost for these students on 28th Jan 2010. Our member Balamanikandan co-ordinated the works regarding this request.
Updates about Govt Higher Secondary School, Akkur, Nagappattinam District -India Sudar and Helping Minds supported one teacher's salary for Govt Higher Secondary School, Akkur, Nagappatinam District last year. We deployed 2 teachers Mr.Selvamuthu and Mr.Senthil for EMR (Electric Motor Repairing and Rewinding) Course. In fact,the course can be removed without both these teachers. HSC (+2) result of this school in Year 2010, is as follows: School First mark is 1067,Second mark is 999 and Third is 975.All this top three students are from EMR Group. Overall School result is 74%. A Student named Mr.Silambarasan scored 187 in EMR Theory and he secured STATE THIRD RANK in this subject. A Student scored 195 and another student scored 193 in EDA (Electric Domestic Appliances) Theory paper which is District First and Second mark respectively. 22 Students have applied for Engineering Course. India Sudar and Helping Minds congratulate Mr.Selvamuthu and Mr.Senthil for their sincere efforts with less salary.They are encouraging students to get into Engineering Course. We had discussion with them to encourage & guide students for IIT-JEE with help of some private tutorials. India Sudar and Helping Minds would continue to support their salary in the Year 2010-2011 also.
Support for Kongu Engineering Student -This student had scored 87% in higher secondary. She is from a very poor background. She did not go to college after the schooling. She got married and is taking care of her daughter. After the marriage, her husband decided to support her to continue her higher studies. Some persons guided them to do civil engg in Kongu Engineering College through counselling. Total expenditure per year is Rs. 58,000 including exam fee, library fee, tuition fee, bus fare etc. She got education loan from the bank for Rs. 51,000. They are not able to pay the interest amount. Considering the economic background of the student , Helping minds have decided to support the Kongu Engineering student and paid Rs. 10000 on 4th May 2010 towards her studies
Uniforms for Puthuppai Panchayat union middle school -We got request for help for providing the uniform for the students of Panchayath union middle school, Puthuppai, Mulanur, Tirupur district which has 80 students. Cost of dress materials for one shirt and trouser (one shirt and skirt) per student is Rs. 160. Government provides uniforms to the students. This will last for 3 to 5 months. We have provided one set in addition to that, so that students can get one more dress to wear. HM trust has paid Rs. 12800 on 4 May 2010 towards this request.
Support for Karaikudi Chemical Engineering student -The student is doing Chemical and Electrochemical Engineering in Central Electrochemical Research Institute (CECRI) in Karaikudi. Her parents are working as labours in a Farm. They are staying in a thatched house. This Karaikudi Chemical Engineering student has got a bank loan for her college fees. They are paying interest to Bank every month. The bank did not sanction money for hostel fees and mess fees. She requested our help to pay mess fees. The student has got good score and is now studying in a reputed institution. So Helping Minds had decided to support her. HM has paid Rs. 1534 on 18 Mar 2010 and Rs 1534 on 30 Mar 2010 for her mess fees. HM has also paid Rs 1846 for her mess fees for the month of April on 17 Apr 2010.
Help for Nagapattinam BA Economics student -This I year BA Economics student is the daughter of a family belonging to the Kattunayakkan (ST) community at Nagapattinam. She is perhaps the only candidate attending the college from her area. She has four sisters - one elder sister married and three younger sisters studying in schools. The total fee amount is Rs 6000 and they had already paid Rs 2000. They requested help for Rs 4000. Since she is still awaiting ST community certificate from the RDO, she could not get any scholarship. Considering the economic background of the student, Helping Minds have decided to help her and paid Rs.4000 on 5 Mar 2010 for her college fees
Support for BA Tamil Literature student -This visually challenged (VC) person is from a remote village. He is doing his final year tamil literature at Loyala college. This BA Tamil Literature student had scored good marks in his schooling. He has got help from Disha Trust for the last year, but could not get this year as Disha seems to have exhausted their allocation for this year for VC students. He is planning to do B.Ed after the completion of B.A. as he can get a Government job once he completes B.Ed. Helping Minds have decided to help him and has paid 4149 on 23 Feb 2010 for his college fees.
Continuing help for Tuticorin BE student -Tuticorin student who is doing B.E. at Thanthai Periyar Government Institute of Technology requested help for his mess fees. We have helped him for his mess fees in earlier months also. Now HM had paid Rs 1644 on 22 Feb 2010 and Rs.1707 on 28 Apr 2010.
Continuing Help for Arani diploma student -HM has paid Rs.812 for the mess fees on 1 Mar 2010 and Rs 980 on 26 Mar 2010 and Rs.1054 on 17 Apr 2010 for the Arani Diploma student who is doing Computer Technology at Dr. Dharmambal College of Polytechnic.
Continuing help for Dharmapuri MBBS Student -HM has paid Rs.2165 towards the mess fees for Dharmapuri MBBS student on 22nd Mar 2010 and Rs. 2745 on 23rd Apr 2010.
Continuing support for teacher salary for Govt school near Nagapattinam -HM trust has paid Rs. 1500 towards the salary for the EDA EMR - Electric Domestic Appliances and Electric Motor Repairing and Rewinding course teacher at the Govt school near Nagapattinam for the months of December till March 2010.
Career information booklet for school children -Balamanikandan is one of our active members. He, along with his friends, had prepared a career information booklet that will be useful for school students, especially 10th and 12th standard students. He had sent few sample pages and I have uploaded them at our yahoogroups site http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HelpingMinds2000/files/ Each of this information booklet costs about Rs. 10. HM trust decided to buy and distribute about 500 copies. These were distributed to different Government schools - at Namakkal, Ambattur, Vandavasi, Nagapattinam and Virudhunagar. Our members Murali, V.Bala, Mahesh Kumar, Muppi, Nethaji, Prabudoss, Subramanian co-ordinated this activity.
Water tank for Avanippoor Government school -'Avanippoor' is a remote village around 120 kms from Chennai. The school has around 1000+ students studying from the surrounding villages. The academic results have been commendable with pass percentage of 98%(Year 2009) for 10th standard & 74%(Year 2009) for 12th standard. The school lacked the basic amenities like sufficient drinking water. It has a sintex water tank of 2000 litre capacity which is not sufficient for the students. Hence the Head Master had requested for an additional water tank to store the water. Helping Minds has provided with Rs. 10000 for additional water tank on 25th February 2010. Our Helping Minds member Devaraj Balakrishnan co-ordinated for this project.
Continuing help for Dharmapuri MBBS student -HM had helped Dharmapuri MBBS Student in previous months also for his mess fees. This student doing his MBBS in Govt Mohan Kumaramangalam medical college, Salem is the first graduate from his family. Now HM has paid Rs. 2396 towards his mess fees on 11th Jan 2010 and Rs. 2566 on 22nd Feb 2010.
Continuing help for Arani diploma student -Helping Minds trust has helped a student from Arani doing Diploma in Computer Technology at Dr. Dharmambal College of Polytechnic, Taramani for her previous months' mess fees. Now HM trust has given Rs. 682 towards her mess fees on 8 Dec 2009,Rs. 720 on 8 Jan 2010 and Rs 899 on 25 Jan 2010
Continuing help for Tuticorin BE student -HM has paid Rs. 1050 for the mess fees on 11 Jan 2010 for Tuticorin student who is doing B.E. at Thanthai Periyar Government Institute of Technology.
Continuing help for Rajkumar - HM trust has given Rs. 7660 towards the college fees for Rajkumar, who is doing B.Tech Chemical at Anna University Chennai on 31st Dec'09.
Drainage facility for Erasinampalayam Panchayat School - HM has provided Rs. 9700 towards the drainage facility request for Erasinampalayam Panchayat School earlier. The school has made use of the materials (tiles etc) provided by the Government earlier and also made use of Government funds and completed the drainage system. The work included a sintex tank, tap connections and drainage system.
BEd student from Orathanadu - We got a request for help from a visually challenged student from Orathanadu, Thanjavur District. She is doing B.Ed (English) course at 'Out Lady College of Education', Maduravoyal, Chennai. Her total college fee is Rs.50,000, out of which she has already paid Rs.10,000. She hopes to get Government scholarship of Rs.6500 and also hoping to get Educational loan of Rs.15,000 from Bank. Disha trust would be providing Rs. 5000. HM has decided to help her and provided Rs. 10000 towards her college fees on 16th Dec '09.
Mess fees for Dharmapuri MBBS student - We paid Rs. 2347 towards the mess bill for Dharmapuri MBBS student on 16th Dec '09.
Children Magazines for Govt school near Tirupur - We received a request for few children magazines from the Head Master, Government Middle school, Kenganayakkanpalayam,Tirupur Dt for the school library through our member Balamanikandan (Mani). Mani had validated this request through his friend. HM has decided to support the request and provided the monthly subscription for the magazines Namadhu Nambikkai, Thulir, Chutti Vikatan, Gokulam (Tamil & English). The total cost for this request including the postal charges is Rs. 804.
Theni BE student at Pollachi college - We got request for help from a brilliant and a very determined student from a very poor family, hailing from a small village near Theni district, Tamilnadu, through Disha trust. He is doing 3rd year BE EEE at Dr. Mahalingam College of Engineering and Technology, Pollachi. His mother is toiling hard as a coolie & his father is earning a monthly income of Rs.1100. His parents are uneducated but are having high-dreams to bring up their son as an eudcated. Inspite of their old age & poverty, they are striving hard to support the education of their son. Anand keeps up his parents's hopes too....He is doing good and has secured 86 percentile in the recent sem (3rd sem) and an overall percentile of 80.5 so far. He aspires to come up well and change the fortunes of his family. He has got bank loan for partial fees amount. HM has helped him with Rs. 10000 towards his college fees on 20th July '09.
BEd student from Kattucherry - HM got a request for help from a B.Ed student from Kattucherry, Nagapattinam district. She has got 82% in B.Sc Chemistry, was a University topper and Gold Medalist from Bharathidasan University. She is now doing B.Ed at RVS College of Education, Karaikal. Her father is a flower vendor and earns very less money. The fees for the BEd course is Rs 60,000, payable in six installments. They have already paid three installments by borrowing from others. Her collegemates have promised help for one month. They have now asked for assistance from HM. A Chemistry Professor at TBML college, Porayar where she studied BSc, had seen the HM report in Indian Express and had suggested her to contact us. HM member V.Bala validated the request. HM Trust has decided to support her and paid Rs. 10000 towards her college fees on 11h Dec.
Diploma student from Tharangambadi - HM trust got a request for help from a diploma student from Kidarankondan near Tharangambadi, Nagapattinam district. He is studying diploma in Information Technology in 3rd year at AVC Polytechnic college. He has scored 86% and 82% in the first and second years. His father is a carpenter earning very meagre salary. HM trust has decided to support this request and paid Rs. 5000 towards the college fees on 11th Dec 2009.
Support for teacher salary for a Govt school near Nagapattinam - HM got a request for help in paying teacher salary for Government Higher Secondary school at Akkur, Nagapattinam District. This school has 980 students from 6th to 12th standard. There are 162 PUC Students (11th 180, 12th 182 students) and 6 groups available for PUC students (Maths, History, Bio-Chemistry, Computer Science, Economics and EDA EMR group). EDA EMR - Electric Domestic Appliances and Electric Motor Repairing and Rewinding course - is a special group. Govt provided equipments from Hair dryer to Washing machine to set up a Laborary, which is worth Rs. 2 lakh. These equipments are required for this course. However, govt did not provide any teacher with right skills to continue this group. The interesting news is that 7 students are studying B.E from this group. This is one of the highest record from this school. The Head Master of the school requested for supporting the salary for the teachers. HM trust has agreed to provide support for Rs. 1500 per month for one teacher. India Sudar trust has agree to provide support for one more teacher for this school. Thanks to Ravikumar from IndiaSudar trust who did the validation and co-ordination for this request. HM trust has paid Rs. 1500 on 30th November for the November salary.
MBBS Student from a village near Dharmapuri - HM got a request for help from a MBBS student from Molayanoor village near Dharmapuri. He has got 1154/1200 in 12th std. They are trying for the bank loan, it seems the bank is delaying. His father has somehow managed to pay the college fees with all his savings, but finding now difficult for getting the books, dresses, shoes, mess bills. The student is the first graduate in the family. HM has decided to support the mess fees for the student. HM has paid Rs. 2339 on 24th Nov towards his mess fees.
Continuing help for Saravanan - 4th Semester - Saravanan is doing B.E. Computer Science at Anna University Trichy - Panruti campus. He has got a transfer to Trichy campus now. Helping Minds trust has helped him for his semester fees for the past semesters. He had got 81% in second semester and waiting for results for the third semester. He has requested help for this semester also. HM trust has given Rs. 10855 towards his college fees on 27th Nov '09
Mess fees and teacher salary for October 2009 - HM has paid Rs. 810 and 1020 towards the mess fees of Arani diploma student and Tuticorin BE student respectively on 3rd and 10th Nov. HM has paid Rs. 1800 towards the teachers' salary for the Nagapattinam tuition center for November on 10th Nov 2009. HM has also paid Rs. 1600 towards the college fees for the Avadi B.Ed student on 24th Nov as she had to pay this pending fees to get the college certificates.
Article in various papers about HM Trust - An article about our trust was published in Business line, DNA, Mathrubhumi.
Meeting with Dr APJ Abdul Kalam - Helping Minds representatives got a chance to meet with Dr APJ Abdul Kalam with the help of Action2020, on Oct 7 at Raj Bhavan, Chennai. We had a wonderful inspiring speech from Kalam. Thanks to Mr. Srinivasan and other coordinators for giving such an wonderful opportunity. Please watch the photos and also listen to the speech of Dr Abdul Kalam in the following link: http://www.poduniversal.com/2009/10/dr-abdul-kalams-motivating-speech-to.html
Volunteering at India Sudar Knowledge Festival - India Sudar Trust conducted a Knowledge Festival for the Orphanages in and around Chennai. As part of this, they conducted several competitions such as Drawing, Tirukural exam, Essay writing, Translation for the children. Murali, Muppi and I volunteered for the India Sudar Knowledge Festival. Murali had arrived at 8:30 am itself and helped in the photos compilation and display. We all conducted the thirukural exam for the students, evaluated the drawing competition. Then we discussed with the members from other NGOs, the Govt school teachers, distributed our HM Trust�s pamphlets and left by noon.
Article in Indian Express about HM Trust - An article about our trust was published in Indian Express Trichy edition on 4th October, 2009.
Children Magazines for Kenganayakkanpalayam Govt school - We received a request from Mrs.Sivakami, Head Mistress, Government Middle school, Kenganayakkanpalayam, Tirupur District requesting for few magazines that could be useful for the children that can be read during the library period. Helping Minds trust has arranged to send the magazines Chutti vikatan (Rs. 380), Gokulam (Tamil � Rs. 96 and English � Rs. 120), Namathu nambikkai (Rs. 120) for one year to this school.
Water tank installed for Mayanoor Govt School - Helping Minds Trust had provided Rs. 10000 for installing water tank for Mayanoor Government school. This work has been completed and the children have started using the water facility. Photos in gallery section.
Children Magazines for Kenganayakkanpalayam Govt school - We received a request from Mrs.Sivakami, Head Mistress, Government Middle school, Kenganayakkanpalayam, Tirupur District requesting for few magazines that could be useful for the children that can be read during the library period. Helping Minds trust has arranged to send the magazines Chutti vikatan (Rs. 380), Gokulam (Tamil � Rs. 96 and English � Rs. 120), Namathu nambikkai (Rs. 120) for one year to this school.
Library setup at Mulanur Govt School - Helping Minds, along with India Sudar trust, has set up a library at the Mulanur Government school, Tiruppur District. The school has classes from 6th to 12th Std. There are 338 students in this school. About 217 books and a book shelf were made available for this school. HM member Balamanikandan, along with his friends, and volunteers from India Sudar trust had co-ordinated this library setup. have a look at the photos in gallery section.
Diploma student from Arani - A student from Arani, is doing Diploma in Computer Technology at Dr. Dharmambal College of Polytechnic, Taramani. She has got 463/500 in 10th std. Her father is a weaver earning around Rs. 3000 per month. Despite financially backward, she likes to study. Her uncle helped her this year, however he is also poor and not able to continue to help her. She has requested HM for support. HM has decided to help for mess fees. We have sent a DD for Rs. 770 towards her mess bill on 22nd Sep 2009. Thanks to HM member Jayakumar for refering this request.
B.E. Student from Tuticorin - This request was refered by HM member V.Bala. The student is from Tuticorin and his father is a toddy tapper and mother is a house wife. His father earns about Rs 1500 a month. He has an elder brother studying polytechnic and a younger sister studying 10th. They live in a hut and do not have any property. The student has secured 469/500 in 10th. In +2, he was quite unfortunate - he was affected by chickenpox right at the exam time. He had to come out of the examination hall on the day of Maths exam. So, technically, he failed in +2. In other subjects he manged to get good marks - 181 in Physics and 183 in Chemistry. He took the supplementary exam conducted a month later. He secured 197 in Maths - 1070/1200 total. His aggregate came around 189.5 and he was called for counselling last year itself. He belongs to MBC and got allotment in a private college. Bala had suggested him to wait for a year and appear for counselling this year to join in Govt College. He also did not have money to pay the fee for private college. He had to waste a year but now he has got admission to Mechanical Engg in Thanthai Periyar Govt Engg College, Vellore. The annual fee is Rs 15,000. He has paid this year's fee of Rs 15,000. He requested help for his mess bill, which comes around Rs 1000 a month. HM has decided to support him for his mess bills. HM has paid Rs. 1356 towards the mess bills for August and September on 22nd Sep 2009.
Nagapattinam Tuition teachers salary - HM has paid Rs. 2400 towards the teachers' salary for the Nagapattinam tuition center for the months of September and October on 19 Sep 2009.
Drainage facility for Erasinampalayam Panchayat School - We got a request for the drainage facility for the toilets at Panchayath Union Middle School, Erasinampalayam,Tirupur Dt. HM member Balamanikandan has visited the school himself and collected all the details. The school teachers are very sincere and dedicated.The total cost for this request is about Rs. 14000. HM has provided a cheque for Rs. 9700 towards this request on 4th Sep 2009.
Water tank for Mayanoor Govt school - We got a request for water tank for Mayanoor Government primary school at Karur district. We had earlier provided the uniform for about 50 students of this school last year. See here for more details.The Head Master of the school is taking good care of the school. The total cost for the water tank is about Rs. 10000 (Sintex 1000 litre water tank for Rs. 4500, One inch Pipe = Rs. 250 x 6 = Rs.1500, Water Taps - 5; each Rs. 100; Total Rs. 500, Miscellaneous - transport, bend, coupling etc- Rs. 1000, Labor cost - Rs. 2500) We had provided a cheque in the name of the Headmaster on 25th Aug, 2009.
Update on Nagapattinam tuition class - Here is an update on the Nagapattinam tuition classes. The Head-Master who volunteered to teach, is not able to come regularly. He comes occasionally. This year, around 20 students are attending the tuition classes. It is finding it difficult to teach all the classes for a single teacher. We have sought the help of one lady teacher working in a nearby English medium school. Mr. Ravichandran and this lady teacher are taking classes for 2 hrs each. One person covers classes up to sixth and another covers 6th to 10th std. We have paid Rs. 1200 (Rs. 600 each) towards the salary for these teachers. The teachers are conducting tests every week, so that the students study regularly. The students requested for notebooks for these tests. The teacher has also asked for hand-writing notebooks for the students so that the students can practice writing better. There is a girl studying 11th standard, she is in need of accountancy notebook. We have provided notebooks worth Rs. 500 for the students
GCT Engg student from Idayakottai - We got a request for help from a student from Idayakottai village, Dindugul Dt. He has secured 1136/1200 in 12th standard and got admission in ECE, Government College of Technology, Coimbatore. His father is affected by paralysis three years back and is not able to do any job. His mother has enrolled in the 100 days employment scheme (Central Government's National Rural Employment Guarantee (NREGS)) and also does tailoring. His school teachers has donated some amount for his application and transport charges. Our member Balamanikandan interacted with the student and verified his details with the help of his contacts. HM trust has given Rs. 7450 towards his hostel fees on 27th July '09.
Diploma student from Chatrapatti - We got a request for help from a girl student from Chatrapatti village, near Rajapalayam. She has secured 418/500 in 10th std and 992/1200 in 12th standard and got admission in Textile Technology at P.A.C.Ramasamy Raja Polytechnic college, Rajapalayam. She is the first person in her family aspiring to continue education after the schooling. Her father had expired, her mother is working on daily wages. HM trust has given Rs. 7905 towards her college fees on 23rd July '09.
Continuing help for Saravanan - 3rd semester - Saravanan is doing B.E. Computer Science at Anna University Trichy - Panruti campus. Helping Minds trust has helped him for his semester fees for the past semesters. He had got 84% in first semester and waiting for results for the second semester. He has requested help for this semester also. HM trust has given Rs. 9160 towards his college fees on 14th July '09.
Thogur village diploma student - We got a request for help from a diploma student from Thogur village, near Trichy. He has scored 93.6% in first year, 970/1200 in 12th, 447/500 in 10th. He is doing his diploma at The Seshasayee Institute Of Technology, Trichy. His parents are daily wage workers. Considering his diploma marks and economic background, HM has decided to help him and given Rs. 10000 towards his college fees on 8th June '09.
Continuing help for Vignesh - Vignesh, a student of Final Computer Science at SASTRA, whom we helped with Rs 10,000 during his first year towards mess bill, now requested help for this year. He has got very good marks till 5th sem:1st - 8.67, 2nd - 9.25, 3rd - 9.93, 4th - 9.48 and 5th 9.0. HM has given Rs. 10000 towards his college fees.
BEd student from Avadi - HM got a request from another visually challenged student from Avaid. She is doing BEd at Gonsalo college of education. is single-parented - taken care by her mother, who is working for daily wages. Her elder brother is a lorry driver and is married. He can suppport for her little finanacial needs but not able to fund for her education. She may get suspended from specific training programe/regular college owing to the delay in fee payment. She has been trying for education loan at Bank and to get aid from other sources. She has scored 80% in her 10th and 70% in +2. HM has given Rs. 10000 towards her fees on 26th May '09.
BEd student from Kundrathur - HM had got a request for help from a visually challenged student doing BEd from Kundrathur, Chennai. She is doing BEd at Gonsola college of education.She finished her B.A(Tamil) with second class. Her mother is no more and her father is aged. Her husband is mentally retarded and a drunkerd, not bothering about the family. Her only daughter is 4 years old, and she has not yet joined her school due to financial problems. She doesn't have any sources of income. She manages to run the family with the commodities supplied in the meetings conducted for visually challenged people and with the money of Rs.400 given by government for physically challenged. HM has given Rs. 10000 towards her fees on 21st May '09.
Water tank and toilet repair for Nathakadu Govt School - We had got a request for help for a government school from a rural village through Senthil of Payir trust. The school is in need of repair for water tank and toilet. The school name is Adi Dravidar Welfare Elementary School. There are about 105 students studying in this school. Nathakadu is a small village at Kunnam taluk, Perambalur District. Senthil had approached the government and they are taking up Rs. 20k out of the total budget of Rs. 32k and are in need of the remaining amount. HM has contributed Rs. 3000 towards this request on 16th Mar '09 and the remaining amount was provided by few other NGOs. Senthil had co-ordinated the work completely.
HM Request for SNKL Teacher Training Student - A boy, who is a physically challenged person from Subbulapuram, near Sankarankovil is doing first year teacher training at Government Teacher training institute at Vanaramutty near Tirunelveli. His father is a handloom weaver; his sister is also physically challenged. He has somehow managed to pay the college fees and requested for help for mess fees from HM. HM has paid the mess fees for the past 3 months - Rs. 776 on 16th March, Rs. 654 on 20th April and Rs. 588 on 6th May.
Drainage pipes for Komarapalayam Govt school- Mar'09 - HM trust got a request for the 'drainage facility for the toilets' for 'Municipal Middle School, C.N.Palayam, B.Komarapalayam, Namakkal Dt'.There was no provision to let the toilet waste water into the main drainage system and was let out in the open. The class room windows were closed due to this. There was a possibility of disease spreading because of this open drainage. The school was looking for help for laying pipes to connect the drainage to the main drainage system. HM has provided Rs. 9800 towards this request. The photos in gallery show the drainage before the pipe work, during the work and after the work.
Update on Parandur Govt school water tank- Mar'09 - Photo of the water tank constructed by Helping Minds at Parandur school can be found in gallery .
Mess fees for HariNarayanan and Harikrishnan - Mar'09 - HM has paid Rs. 1020 for Hari Narayanan and Rs. 1135 for Hari Krishnan for their December mess bills on 6th Apr '09.
Library setup for one more Government school - Mar'09 - Helping Minds has decided to setup a library for one more Government school in association with India Sudar trust. We have given Rs. 14000 to India Sudar on 31st March towards the same.
Help for a Tambaram BEd student - Jan'09 - We got a request for help from a BEd student from Tambaram. Her mother is working as a house maid, her father had expired few years back, her brother had expired one year back. She had completed BSc and went to a job working in a weaving shop in a village near Chennai.The total fees for her course is 60k. She has so far paid 30k (from savings from her salary, jewels and help from others) and have got permission till Feb 15th for rest of the 30k. The school principal in which she underwent training (as part of her course) has said that he will get her a job in the school for a salary of about Rs. 3500 per month. She is confident that the Principal will keep up his word. The course teachers have also said that they will recommend her for teacher job in couple of schools. So job prospects are pretty ok for her once she finishes the course. Her mother is doing house hold work to run the family and has had an eye operation recently. This course and the subsequent job seems to be the only hope for them.Helping Minds has provided Rs. 10000 towards her fees. We have refered this student to other trusts. Sneham has given Rs. 5000 and Dream India trust has provided Rs. 10000 towards her fees.
Continuing help for Saravanan - 2009 - Jan'09 - Saravanan is doing B.E. Computer Science at Anna University Trichy - Panruti campus. Helping Minds trust has helped him for his semester fees for the past semester. He has requested help for this semester also. HM trust has decided to give Rs. 9160 towards his college fees.
Update on Nagapattinam tuition class - Jan'09 - HM member Bala went and observed the tuition class last week. The teacher maintains attendance and 14 students are very regular to the classes. Remaining 8 are irregular and the teacher has taken steps to make them also come to the classes regularly. Marks scored by the students in the half-yearly exam has been recorded. Six students have performed very bad. Their total marks in five subjects is in the range of 50-80. Others have just managed to pass. One girl in the group seems to be studying very well. The immediate goal of the teacher is to make all of them pass the annual examination.On knowing our initiative, Mr Ramalingam, a teacher working in a nearby Government primary school has come forward to offer his services voluntarily for the primary classes. He will take classes for three days in a week for now..
Library for Government schools in villages near Karur and Dharmapuri- Jan'09 - Helping Minds is setting up library in government schools in villages, in partnership with another trust India Sudar. Schools are selected based on the following factors:
- School from a village
- School having limited infrastructure facilities
- Not supported by any other NGOs, Clubs etc..
- Sincere Head Master or at least one sincere teacher to make use of the library.
The cost for setting up the library is as follows: Bookshelf with glass and wooden door and name plate - around Rs. 4000 Books and magazines - Rs. 10000 Catalogue from various publications have been received and list of books (self development, career path, employment, stories, history, biography, science and technology, English books, GK, monthly, weekly magazines and periodicals etc) are finalized. Helping Minds has decided to allot Rs. 28000 (Rs. 10000 for two schools and Rs. 8000 for another school). The books are procured, the library will be setup by first week of March. We will send more updates once the library setup is completed.
Water tank for Government School in Parandur village, Kachipuram - Jan'09 - There is a Government school in Parandur village about 14 kms from Kanchipuram. The school has 498 students (272 boys and 226 girls). The school has upto 10th standard. There are buses only every 2 or 3 hours to this village from Kanchipuram. This is the only school in nearby 10kms. The teachers who are working now in this school, are very committed. For the past 3 years, the pass percentage of the school is about 96%, which is really great for a school with this background. There are couple of students who have scored about 460/500 last year in 10th standard. There are regular special classes being conducted for 10th std students. The students who attend this class sometimes stay in the school itself since there are not enough commuting options. The school has a very small water tank which has a lower capacity than required. The tank is filled with water supplied by municipality in the morning. This water is drinkable and tested in TWDA(Tamil Nadu Water Development Authoritiy). The water in this tank is sufficient only for the morning hours. For the afternoon, the school is dependent on the bore water which is not of good quality. The Head master of the school requested Helping Minds trust for an additional water tank so that sufficient municipality water can be stored for the entire day. HM member Murali visited the school on Jan 10th and validated the request details. HM trust has provided Rs. 15000 for installing another water tank in this school.
- Helping the ST people - Jan'09 - We have started regular tuition classes for the 22 ST children at Porayar in Nagapattinam District. We have engaged a trained teacher Mr. Ravichandran holding Bsc,., BEd degree to take the classes. He is working on PTA posting in a local high school. The children are studying various classes from 4th to 11th. He will take classes for four hours a day - two hours in the morning and two hours in the evening. The students of primary classes are in very bad shape - they are not able to read even simple sentences in Tamil. So, the teacher's priority for the primary classes will be to make them read and write flawlessly in Tamil. For other classes, he will guide them in lessons. He will hold tuition for each class thrice a week. On rotation all the classes 4th - 10th will be covered. All the 22 children will visit the tuition classes everyday, but will be asked to write tests on the remaining four days. HM will pay Rs 1000 per month as salary to the teacher. The marks obtained by the students in the recent half-yearly examinations are being noted down. We will review the progress after three months and if the students show improvement, we will continue the scheme. Renuka, a girl from the community, who is a volunteer of Safai Karamchari Andolan (organisation working to root out manual scavenging) will coordinate with the teacher and ensure that the children attend classes regularly. The classes are now being conducted in a room at Bala's house (One of HM Members). If the classes prove successful, the teacher will find a new location later.
- Continuing Help for Rajkumar - Jan'09 - Rajkumar is doing BTech chemical in Anna university. We have helped him for past two semesters. More details about him at http://helpingminds.blogspot.com/2008/03/new-request-rajkumar.html. He has scored about 8.4/10 in the last semester. HM has given Rs. 7660 towards the college fees for this semester on 11-Jan-2009.
- Request for Jansi BCA Student - Jan'09 - Jansi from Saidapet, is doing BCA in AM Jain college. She is working in a Xerox shop as a part time employee where she earns Rs. 2000 which is being spent for her family's survival. Her mother is unable to work for long time continuously because of her health condition. The girl has studied in Govt school in Saidapet and scored 200/200 in 12th standard. HM has given Rs. 10000 towards her college fees on 11 Jan 2009.
- Continuing Help for Vetri and Karthik - Jan'09 - Karthik and Vetri have got 90% and 85.5% marks in 6th semester respectively; they are expecting results for the 7th semester in few days. They requested help for their hostel fees (Rs. 5500 for Karthik and Rs. 7800 for Vetri including mess dues) for this semester. HM has provided this fees on 11-Jun-09.
- Mess fees for Hari Narayanan and Hari Krishnan - Jan'09 - HM has paid Rs. 565 for Hari Narayanan and Rs. 435 for Hari Krishnan for their December mess bills on 9th Jan '09.
- Mess fees for Hari Narayanan and Hari Krishnan - Dec'08 - HM has paid Rs. 1260 for Hari Narayanan and Rs. 1294 for Hari Krishnan on 23-Dec-08 for their November mess bills.
- Uniform request for Mayanoor School - The Head Master of the school requested for uniform for about 50 students who are not able to afford it. HM has provided the uniform material for the same and also the stitching cost. The total expenses for this request are Rs. 10330.
Education request for a phicically challenged girl from Madurai - HM got a request for help from a physically challenged girl, she has got medical certificate stating that she has 60% disability. She hails from a village near Madurai. Her mother has expired long back, her father recently met with an accident and lost his legs in it. The girl is very interested in studies and has a good attitude. Coming from a very poor background, she is desperately in need of a job and hence has joined for this B.Ed course (1 year course).Thirukumaran (through whom we got to know about this request - he is a volunteer in Disha trust) has already talked to few schools in nearby areas and they are willing to take her as a teacher once she completes the course successfully. Also there is a high possibility that she can get the Govt job based on physically challenged quota. The college founder himself has given about Rs. 15000 from his foundation, which she has used for the hostel fees and books.Out of the total fees of 50k, she has managed about 35k with the help of 3 trusts; She is in need of about Rs. 15000. HM has given Rs. 10000 towards her fees on 20th Dec.
- Mess fees for Hari Narayanan, Hari Krishnan and Srinivasalu - Nov'08 - HM has paid Rs. 956 for Hari Narayanan and Rs. 996 for Hari Krishnan on 28-Nov-08 and Rs.1005 on 20-Oct-08 for their mess bills.
- Mess fees for Hari Narayanan and Hari Krishnan - Oct'08 - HM has paid Rs. 1084 for Hari Narayanan and Rs. 1172 for Hari Krishnan on 14-Oct-08 for their September mess bills.
- Mess fees for Hari Narayanan, Hari Krishnan and Srinivasalu - Aug'08 - HM has paid Rs. 779 for Hari Narayanan and Rs. 939 for Hari Krishnan on 19-Aug-08 for their July mess bills. HM has paid Rs. 1250 for Srinivasalu for his July mess bill on 14-Aug-08.
- Mess fees for Hari Narayanan, Hari Krishnan and Srinivasalu - Sep'08 - HM has paid Rs. 984 for Hari Narayanan and Rs. 1222 for Hari Krishnan on 10-Sep-08 for their August mess bills. HM has paid Rs. 1145 for Srinivasalu for his August mess bill on 23-Sep-08.
- Subhashini - 2008 - Subhashini is a very bright but economically challenged student from a village backdrop near Thiruthani. Her parents are working as daily laborers with meager & inconsistent income. Her elder brother Chiranjeevulu discontinued his studies after 12th owing to their poverty & is earning bread by means of distributing news papers. Now Subashini is in such a crunch situation & is in dire need of helping hands. She aspires to pursue teacher training & this yr she has got a call from Venkateshwara Teacher Training Institute [near Thiruthani]. She passed out 12th std in 2007 but couldn't join teacher training last yr due to her family's poverty as well as lack of awareness / guidance. We have decided to contribute Rs.10,000 from Helping Minds trust, Disha (who has done the validation and forwarded this request to us) has decided to contribute another Rs. 10000 towards Subashini's college fee.
- HM request for Vijay - 2008 - Vijay has scored 1043/1200 in 12th Std, Physics - 196, Chemistry - 184, Mathematics - 197. He studied at Government Higher Sec school at Arakkonam. His mother, who is the sole breadwinner, is a daily wage worker. He has one younger brother studying in 9th std. He has got admission to Anna University Trichy campus. HM has given Rs. 10000 on 1st August to Vijay towards his college fees.
- HM request for Saravanan - 2008 - Saravanan has scored 1058/1200 in 12th Std, Physics - 181, Chemistry - 192, Mathematics - 182. He studied at Government Higher Sec school at Valayapatti, near Namakkal. His parents are daily wage workers, his sister is also doing daily wage work. He has got admission to Computer Science branch at Anna University Trichy - Panruti campus. HM has given Rs. 10000 on 2nd August to Saravanan towards his college fees. He was refered by our HM member Suresh Kumar.
- Mess fees for Hari Narayanan and Hari Krishnan - July 08 - HM has given Rs. 685 for Hari Krishnan and Rs. 710 for Hari Narayanan towards their mess fees on 15th July.
- Venkatasubramanian - Venkatasubramanian is from Madippakkam, referred by Bala of Adventnet; He is a very deserving student, he has scored about 1145/1200 in 12th, we helped him for counseling fees of 5k.
- Mess bill for Srinivasalu for June 2008 - HM has paid Srinivasalu Rs.1560 towards his mess bill on 7th July
- Continuing help for Rajkumar - We have given Rajkumar Rs. 8010 towards his studies on 30th June.
- Arunkumar - Arunkumar is doing BE Electronics and communication in Saraswathyvel college of Engineering. He is from a village near Arakkonam. His father is a farmer. He has scored well in diplomo and in engineering he has scored around 72%. HM has given Rs. 8000 towards his studies.
- Continuing help for Arun Prasad - Arun Prasad, one of our beneficaries, has scored an average of more than 90% in all the monthly exams. He has requested for the fees for the 12th Std - an amount of Rs. 6280. HM has given the same on 30th June. Vijay Madhav, his elder brother, also has scored about 90% in his last semester. He has completed diploma with 'First class with honors'. He is looking for job. Vignesh, who had scored 95%, has been given a waiver of 50% of his fees. He has managed that himself.
- Continuing help for Thanasekaran - HM has helped Thanasekaran who is doing MBBS for his college fees for the past two years .He has scored 65% marks last year, HM has given Rs. 8200 towards his mess fees and exam fees on 1st July 2008.
- Vetri and Karthik have got jobs in CTS - Here is a good news! Both Vetrikumaran and Karthik have got jobs in CTS in campus placements! Vetri has scored about 75% in 5th semester, 85% in 6th semester; Karthik has scored about 95% in 5th semester.HM has decided to help for the mess fees Rs. 7930 for both of them.
- Vignesh has scored 95% last semester - Vignesh, whom we have helped last year, has scored about 95% last semester. HM has decided to help him for this semester also.
- Hari got Placed - One good news: Hari Narayanan studying in GCT coimbatore has got placed in Tata AIG group (second company visited his campus).We are sponsoring him for last 2 years through our group.
- Mess Fees May 2008 - HM has paid Rs. 1250 for Milkkal, Rs. 955 for Hari Krishnan and Rs. 820 for Hari Narayanan towards their monthly mess fees on 15th May 2008 towards their mess bills for the last month.
- Exam Fees for Milkkal April 2008 - HM has given Rs. 2000 towards the exam fees for Milkkal on 29th Apr 08.
- Mess Fees April 2008 - HM has paid Rs. 950 for Srinivasalu, Rs. 838 for Hari Krishnan and Rs. 788 for Hari Narayanan towards their monthly mess fees on 8th April 2008 and Rs. 1033 for Milkkal on 4th April towards their mess bills for the last month.
- Mess Fees March 2008 - HM has paid Rs. 819 for Hari Krishnan and Rs. 819 for Hari Narayanan towards their monthly mess fees on 12th March 2008. HM has paid Rs. 1020 for Srinivasalu, Rs. 1200 for Milkkal on 12th March, 1720 for Jawahar and Rs. 2150 for Saravanaprakash on 19th March towards their mess bills for February and March.
- Mess Fees Feb 2008 - HM has paid Rs. 718 for Hari Krishnan and Rs. 598 for Hari Narayanan towards their monthly mess fees on 6th February 2008
- College Fees for Rajkumar - Rajkumar is doing 2nd year BTech Chemical in Anna University. His father is a contract labour working in TVS group. He is not working for the past two months since he had an injury in the hand because of an accident. Last year, his cousin brother had helped him to some extent. But due to some family problem, there is no possibility of getting help from him this year. Raj requested HM for help for the 2nd year college fees. Raj has scored 93% in 12th. We have given the DD for Rs. 7860 to Rajkumar on 28th January.
- Mess Fees Jan 2008 - HM has paid Rs. 767 for Hari Krishnan and Rs. 782 for Hari Narayanan towards their monthly mess fees on 8th January 2008. HM has paid Rs. 950 for Srinivasalu, 1500 for Jawahar and Rs. 1770 for Saravanaprakash on 17th January towards their mess bills.
2001 - 2006
- Continued Help for 2007 - HM has given Rs. 2000 for Ramya on 3rd Dec, Rs. 8005 for Periyasamy, Rs. 4190 for Vetrikumaran and Rs. 4190 for Karthik on 18th December 2007 towards their even semester fees. Periyasamy got placed in TCS. Vijay Madhav has scored 560/600 in 5th Semester and he has secured college first this semester too.
- Mess Fees Nov 07 - HM has paid Rs. 789 for Hari Krishnan and Rs. 869 for Hari Narayanan on 8th December 2007, Rs. 2450 for Saravanaprakash, Rs. 2050 for Jawahar on 3rd December, Rs. 850 for Srinivasalu on 12th December 2007 towards their mess bills.
- Mess Fees Oct 07 - HM has paid Rs. 1002 for Hari Krishnan and Rs. 730 for Hari Narayanan towards their monthly mess fees on 12th November 2007. We have also paid Rs. 2700 towards the mess bills of last three months for Milkkal on 22nd November 2007.
- Mess Fees Sep 07 - HM has paid Rs. 897 for Hari Krishnan and Rs. 825 for Hari Narayanan towards their monthly mess fees. We have also paid Rs. 850 towards the mess bill for Srinivasalu on 10th October 2007.
- Jawahar - Mess Fees - Jawahar is studying final year BE (ECE) in Government College of Technology, Coimbatore. He has scored 448/500 in 10th, 98% in diploma(Tamilnadu Polytechnic, Madurai), 75% in engineering till now. He has got a job at CTS through campus placement. His parents are working as daily labourers in agriculture. He has got Rs 40000 bank loan so far from Indian Bank. He is a first graduate from his family and getting govt. scholarship of Rs 5000 per year. He requested help for paying his mess bills as he is struggling a lot to pay the same. HM has given Rs. 4354 for the pending mess bills on 26th Sep 07.
- Saravana Prakash - Mess Fees - Saravanaprakash is studying final year BE (ECE) in Government College of Technology, Coimbatore. His profile is similar to that of Jawahar mentioned in the previous post. He has also got placed at CTS. He has scored 456/500 in 10th, 97% in diploma (gold medalist), 72% in engineering till now. The income source for the family is agriculture, his father owns 2 acres. Earning seems to be very difficult in agriculture. He has got Rs 64000 bank loan so far from Bank Of Baroda, Pollachi. His cousins are helping occasionally. But all are in agriculture hence they could not fully support. He is also paying interest of Rs 1300 month for the same. He is first graduate from his family and getting govt. scholarship of Rs 5000 per year for the same. He will get it this year around december. He has plans to use this amount for his project on Embedded Systems under the guidance of HOD. He requested help for paying his mess bills. HM has given Rs. 5347 for the pending mess bills on 26th Sep 07. .
- Milkkal - Exam Fees - HM has given Rs. 800 towards the exam fees for Milkkal on 26th Sep 07.
- Hari Krishnan, Narayanan and Srinivasulu - Mess Fess - HM has paid Rs 875 for Harikrishnan, Rs 686 for Hari Narayanan and Rs 950 for Srinivasulu towards Mess Bill for the Month of Aug 2007.
- Anandan, BBA - Anandan got very less marks in 10th std (about 48%) because his father expired that time. He some what managed to get good marks in 12the std (about 74%). He is earning Rs 400 per month as a Newspaper boy. His mother is working as a house maid in a doctor's house. He has secured admission in BBA in Guru Nanak College, Velachery, Chennai. He has got help from the doctor for paying a part of the fees (Rs 12500) and sought help from HM for the remaining. HM has given Rs. 3400 to Anandan towards his college fees. He told that he will work hard for getting good marks and for Campus placements also.
- Lakshmi, B.Com - Lakshmi is a physically challenged girl, victim of polio. She walks with crutches. All through her life she lived in various institutions, completed her plus two studies, after that she has no place to go because she is an orphan, now she is an inmate of Premavasam. Mr Selvyn of Premavasam has secured an admission for her for BCom at St Joseph's Arts and Science college. HM has decided to help Lakshmi with Rs. 11500 towards her college fees.
- Srinivasalu, DECE - Studying second year Diploma ECE, Scored 87% in 10th and 85% in first year diploma. He is one among the top 3 performers in his class. His mother is a weaver earning Rs 1000 a month. HM is helping him with Mess Fees.
- Hari Krishnan, BE - Studying third year ECE, Finished 10th and 12th as private candidate scoring 904/1200 in +2. Did diplomo in ECE and scored state fifth in first semester. Secured admission for direct second year in GCT. HM is helping him with Mess Fees.
- Vignesh, B.Tech - He is studying second year Computer Science, secured 8.65 GPA in the first semester exam. His father is working in a grocery shop on daily wages - earns around Rs 1000 p.m. His mother is working as a temporary assistant in Post Office drawing Rs 1200 p.m. He had secured 471/500 in X Std and 1130/1200 in 12th standard. For the first year, one of his relatives in Mumbai had offered help. Some of his classmates also have helped. For the second year also, the Mumbai relative has assured some help, but it would not be possible for him to pay the entire fee, hence he requested help from HM. HM has given Rs. 10000 to Vignesh for his college fees.
- Ambethkar, Teacher Training - He is studying teacher training second year and also doing B.Com through correspondence. His father is no more and his younger brother is working as electrician. Completed schooling in 2000, discontinued due to financial problems and worked for a while. Scored 80% Marks in the first year. He has managed part of fees with the amount he earned and part with the loan, Helping Minds helped him with remaining Rs 5900/-.
- Dhanalakshmi, Teacher Training - She is a Physically Challenged Girl. She has completed her 1st year Teacher Training. Mother is the only person taking care of her and the Family. Even though her HSC marks are poor (Because of high fever during exams), considering her disability and enthusiasm to study, HM decided to help her with Part of her fees. Our partner organization Anavi helped with remaining fees.
- Arun Prasad, HSC - Brother of one of our beneficiaries Vijay Madhav, Scored 1031/1100 in 10th Std. Considering his very good academic marks and also their family economic background, HM decided to help him with School Expenses.
- Karthik, B.Tech - Classmate of one of our beneficiaries Vetrikumaran in A C Tech, Anna University. Scored 1020/1100 in 10th, 1139/1200 in +2 and 8.8/10 an average in all semesters. He has opted for self supporing course without much awareness which lead to pay more fees. Sofar, he was taking care of his mess fees by taking tuition for a +2 student. For college & hostel fees, he was getting SBI loan so far, but couldn't get for this year because he didn't pay SBI loan interest for sometime. Helping Minds helped him with Hostel Fees for this semester.
- Uma, Bsc Nursing - Both Father and Mother died. She is under the care of relatives who are also not well off. Her first year fees was paid by Suyam with help of other NGOs. Helping Minds helped her with 10k towards her college fees for II year.
- Vetrikumaran, B.Tech - 95% in +2. Father is a Carpenter. Helping Minds helped him with hostel fees for II year.
- Ramya, B.Com - Father died in Heart Attack in 1999. Mother is a Flower Seller. Ramya has scored 75% in +2. Helping Minds helped her with college fees for second year.
- Periyasamy, BE - 1119/1200 in +2, 8.1/10 an average for first 5 semesters. Helping Minds helped with mess fees and exam fees.
- Senthil, BE - 94% in Diplomo. Helping Minds is helped with part of his college fees for the direct second year in BE.
- Hari Narayanan, BE - 93% in Diplomo. Helping Minds is helping with Mess Fees for his BE.
- Banumathi, BA - With the help of Helping Minds, joined BA Co-Operative through correspondence.
- Vijay Madhav, Diplomo - School Topper in Matriculation. College topper in 1st year. Class first in IV semester. With the help of Helping Minds for the last 2 years, doing III year Diplomo Computer Science.
- Jeevika Home - Continuing help for the last 2 years for school fees & Notebooks of inmates of home.
- Mahendran, Diplomo, Placed at Brakes India Ltd. - Parents are Beedi Rollers. With the support from Helping Minds, Completed Diplomo with 90% marks. Placed at Brakes India Ltd. with initial salary of Rs 8000 per month.
- Thanasekaran, MBBS - With the support from Helping Minds, Doing III Year MBBS from Chengalpattu Medical College.
- Usha - Bsc Nursing - First girl to go for Higher Education from her Village. Helping Minds paid her college fees through Suyam Charitable Trust.
- PARD - Uniform for Children - Donated School Uniforms for the Children in Slums through PARD for 2 years.
- Precious Ones Home - Continuing help for the last 3 years for school fees of inmates of home.
- Marimuthu, B.Pharm - With the support from Helping Minds, Doing Final Year B.Pharm from Vel's College.
- Kumaresh, BE - Placed at Cognizant - With the support from Helping Minds, Completed BE from CIT and Placed at Cognizant through campus. Working as Software Engineer at Cognizant now.
- Kannan, B.Tech - With the support from Helping Minds, Completed B.Tech, Chemical from Anna University.
- Baranidharan, BE - With the support from Helping Minds, Completed BE, EEE from EGS Pillay College.
- Kanchana, BE - With the support from Helping Minds, Completed BE from CIT.
- Praveen, BE - Placed at Allfon Systems - With the support from Helping Minds, Completed BE Computer Science. He has got Best Outgoing Student Award and Best Student Award in his department, Got 25th Rank in Anna University and Placed at Allfon Systems through campus. Working at Allfon now.
- Karthick, B.Tech - Placed at Cognizant - With the support from Helping Minds, Completed B.Tech Chemical Engg and Placed at Cognizant through campus. Working as Software Engineer at Cognizant now.
- Indhra, Bsc - With the support from Helping Minds, Completed Bsc from St Joseph's College, Chennai as Class Topper. She is a physically challenged student and inmate of Premavasam.
- Shantha, Bsc - With the support from Helping Minds for one year, Doing Bsc from PMT College, Sankaran Koil.
- Nowshath, Diplomo and BE - Placed at ETA-ASCON, Dubai - With the support from Helping Minds, Completed Diplomo with State Ranking and Doing II year Engineering at Crescent Enginerring College.
- Bala Velan, Catering Tech - Doing 1st year Catering Technology with the support from Helping Minds.
- Siva, BE - With the support from Helping Minds for one year, Completed BE from MIT, Anna University.
- Anand, BE - Placed at Cognizant - With the support from Helping Minds for two years, Completed BE from MIT, Anna University and Placed at Cognizant through campus. Working as Software Engineer at Cognizant now.
- Priyanka, 7th Std - Daughter of Maid. Helping Minds supported for her 6th and 7th Standard
- Easwara Moorthy, MCA - Placed at Cognizant - Struggled to continue his studies due to his background. With the support from Helping Minds for two years, Completed MCA from Anna University and Placed at Cognizant through campus. Working as Software Engineer at Cognizant now.
- Yamini, BE - Got interest free loan from Helping Minds for a semester and Completed Engineering from Venkateshwara Engineering College.
- Milkkal, BE - Both Father and Mother are working as a coolie. Got concession from college management to pay just 10k per annum as fees. Doing final year BE (ECE) with support from Helping Minds for the last 4 years.
- Babu, B.Tech - Placed at Infosys - Mother is a Tailor. With the support from Helping Minds, completed his B.Tech from MIT Anna University. Placed at Infosys through campus. Working as a Software Engineer at Infosys now.
- Venkatesh, B.Tech - Father is a Coolie. With 3 years of support from Helping Minds, he has completed his B.Tech Chemical Engineering from Anna University.
- Nadana Sapabathy, Diploma - Mother is a Maid. With the support from Helping Minds for one semester, completed his diplomo.
- Muthupandi, B.Tech - Placed at Infosys - Father is no more and Mother is a Coolie. With 2 years of support from Helping Minds, successfully completed B.Tech chemical Engineering from Anna University.
- K.Murugesan, B.Tech - HM's first Beneficiary. Father is a Coolie. Completed his B.Tech Chemical Engineering in Anna University in 2003.
Apart from the above, Helping Minds is trying to visit many schools in rural part of india to identify and help deserving people in need.
Jan 29, 2006 was an important day in the calendar of the Helping Minds. It was the day, when HM organized the first Medical Camp for the not-so-privileged people of our society, at Bell Nagar, Medavakkam. Bell Nagar has around 50-60 families living in huts. Since the recent rains have flooded the area and there is still water stagnation, Muppi and Sankar felt the need for a medical camp in that area. HM's medical camp facility was utilized by around 60 people, of which 20 were children. Overall the health of those people was fine and there was no infections or allergies. Most of them had common cold and general weakness, for which we have given basic injections & medicines.
Since the pre-appointed doctor was caught-up in an emergency case, we had to search around for an alternate doctor. In the last minute, we were supported by Dr. Prabhakar of Mother Teresa hospital, without whom this camp wouldn't have happened (and HM would have lost its face in its very first camping activity). We must express our �sincere thanks� to Dr. Prabhakar for his timely help and also spending his valuable time and effort for this noble cause. Special thanks to the nurse who was very kind to the patients and managed the injection and medicine distribution part. We must also express out gratitude to Mr. Pozhilan who gave us the permission to use the Medavakkam community hall for conducting the medical camp.
The HM volunteers who were present on field of the medical camp on 29th January�06 were Muppi, Nethaji (AdventNet), Sankar, Thiagu (AdventNet), and Vignesh (Orchid Chemicals).
Overall we were very impressed about the Doctor's sincerity and the peoples' response in the camp. This medical camp is a great success and a new milestone for HM activities.
Akshaya is an NGO at Madurai providing food for street people every day. Helping Minds sponsored for one day food every month during 2005 and 2006.
- Conducted Medical Camp for the residents of slums at Medavakkam.
- Sponsored 1 day food for Akshaya every month during 2005 and 2006
- Planning to start a project where HM will provide free software training to selected plus 2 students of economically poor category. The students will be chosen based on an aptitude test and will be trained in software programming languages as per the requirement in the job market
- Planning to start mentoring activities for guiding the people towards the right career path.
- Planning to start Spoken English course to improve the communication skills of rural students.